- Spartz won't seek elected office in 2024by By Anthony Adragna on February 3, 2023 at 5:50 pm
The Indiana Republican had considered a Senate bid that would have pitted her against fellow Rep. Jim Banks (R-Ind.).
- Progressive Rep. Delia Ramirez set to give State of the Union responseby By Nicholas Wu on February 3, 2023 at 9:30 am
The first-term Illinois lawmaker is expected to respond to President Joe Biden's speech and rebut the Republican addresses by Arkansas Gov. Sarah Huckabee Sanders and Rep. Juan Ciscomani.
- He's a Texas border-district Republican. And he says the right's new immigration bill is a 'bad idea.'by By Sarah Ferris and Olivia Beavers on February 3, 2023 at 9:30 am
Texas Rep. Tony Gonzales is challenging conservatives with a rare call for nuance: "We can't just throw bombs and rhetoric and expect people to reelect us."
- Dems fret policing talks will be tangled with Tim Scott’s presidential hopesby By Nicholas Wu and Eugene Daniels on February 3, 2023 at 12:56 am
Democrats acknowledge they'll have to negotiate with Republicans on a policing bill after the brutal death of Tyre Nichols. But GOP lawmakers were left out of talks with President Joe Biden on Thursday.
- Omar gives fiery speech before removal from committeeon February 2, 2023 at 5:55 pm
Omar gives fiery speech before removal from committee lead image
- Ocasio-Cortez: Omar vote is 'about targeting women of color'on February 2, 2023 at 5:16 pm
Ocasio-Cortez: Omar vote is 'about targeting women of color' lead image
- Rep. Tony Gonzales criticizes effort to remove Omar from committeeon February 2, 2023 at 4:55 pm
Rep. Tony Gonzales criticizes effort to remove Omar from committee lead image
- House GOP passes first big whip test, ousting Omarby By Nicholas Wu and Olivia Beavers on February 2, 2023 at 9:30 am
After an early struggle, the new majority found the votes to yank the Minnesota progressive from the Foreign Affairs Committee, a panel she personally holds dear.
- Here's how the debt crisis could end if Biden-McCarthy talks failby By Burgess Everett, Sarah Ferris and Caitlin Emma on February 2, 2023 at 9:30 am
Who’s going to steer away from the cliff? Inquiring minds in Congress, on Wall Street and across the country want to know. Here are some answers.
- Is George Santos a spy?by /u/ShapeLittle7060 on February 2, 2023 at 2:56 am
strange submitted by /u/ShapeLittle7060 [link] [comments]
- 'Loaded weapons?': Tensions flare during gun debate in committeeby By Renee Klahr on February 1, 2023 at 11:22 pm
'Loaded weapons?': Tensions flare during gun debate in committee lead image
- House Dem laments ‘friendly fire’ after losing a plum panel seatby By Nicholas Wu on February 1, 2023 at 10:40 pm
Rep. Mike Quigley (D-Ill.), one of the party's more senior Intelligence Committee members, isn't returning to its ranks — despite support from Nancy Pelosi to remain.
- Dems name former Trump impeachment officials to GOP investigative panelby By Jordain Carney on February 1, 2023 at 9:21 pm
Speaker Kevin McCarthy gets to approve any lawmakers on the subcommittee, but has said he would allow Democrats to name their members without interference.
- Guns in the House? A raucous Natural Resources panel debateby By Anthony Adragna on February 1, 2023 at 7:08 pm
Rep. Jared Huffman led the push to reinstate an explicit ban on firearms in the committee's hearing room.
- Biden and McCarthy hold ‘first good’ meeting on debt ceiling, but ‘no agreements, no promises’by By Adam Cancryn on February 1, 2023 at 6:14 pm
Their one-on-one sit down at the White House provided both sides a chance to size each other up ahead of talks that could drag for months.
- McCarthy defends booting Omar from Foreign Affairs Committeeon February 1, 2023 at 6:08 pm
McCarthy defends booting Omar from Foreign Affairs Committee lead image
- McCarthy says he won’t ‘play political games’ on debt limiton February 1, 2023 at 5:52 pm
McCarthy says he won’t ‘play political games’ on debt limit lead image
- House GOP leaps headlong into divisive Mayorkas impeachment debateby By Jordain Carney on February 1, 2023 at 9:30 am
Even the conservatives clamoring to investigate and boot the DHS chief over his handling of the border acknowledge Republicans aren't united yet.
- Omar, now a Dem unifier, faces down her GOP criticsby By Nicholas Wu on February 1, 2023 at 12:32 am
As Republicans move to oust her from a committee she clearly holds dear, the Minnesota progressive drew a parallel between Kevin and Joseph McCarthy.
- Longtime Santos treasurer is out, she tells federal regulatorby By Jessica Piper on January 31, 2023 at 10:15 pm
The New York Republican announced a new treasurer for his political groups on Tuesday evening.
- Feed has no items.
- Feed has no items.