VIDEOS: Fusion360 for Beginners, Video Editing with Blender, Alan Kay Interview,
SOFTWARE: Kdenlive (video editing for Linux FREE),
- Feed has no items.
cyberlaws, newpolitics, policaldatacom
- /r/cyberlaws will be going dark from June 12 in protest against Reddit's API changes which will kill 3rd party apps & tools
- There are now two censorship and surveillance bills we need to look out for ( please everyone spread awareness on this)
- Patient Seeks to Force Hospital Network to Pay Hackers Ransom to Remove Naked Photos Online
- AI language models : Technological, socio-economic and policy considerations | OECD Digital Economy Papers
- China releases rules for generative AI like ChatGPT after Alibaba, Baidu launch services
- A. I. Oversight for the EU parliament?
- RESTRICT Act (aka TikTok ban) text
- The Internet Archive has lost its first fight to scan and lend e-books like a library
- China Is Overtaking the United States in Innovation Capacity, New ITIF Report Finds
- “Click-to-cancel” rule would penalize companies that make you cancel by phone - Canceling a subscription shouldn't be harder than signing up, FTC proposal says
- FCC taking a stand against spam texting - Phone companies must block text messages coming from shady sources
- TikTok CEO set to tell lawmakers in Washington: ByteDance 'not an agent of China'
- The Internet Archive defends its digital library in court today March 20
- UK to invest £900m in supercomputer in bid to build own ‘BritGPT’ | Artificial intelligence (AI)
- Weekly #102: TikTok introduces Project Clover | India plans data flows by default | China to set up data bureau
- Report: Europe’s Strategic Technology Autonomy From China
- US Supreme Court admits they're not the best choice to decide the future of the internet
- Canada bans TikTok from government devices citing security risks
- Arkansas Proposes Requiring ID to Watch Porn Online | After a similar bill became law in Louisiana last month, seven more states have introduced copycat legislation that force users to show identification
- New Louisiana state law requires porn viewers upload ID to verify age
- Requesting advice from fellow lawyers/Legal professionals on SANS GLEG / LEG523
- Certifications for Attorney’s
- Alden Global-backed JCPA would force platforms like Reddit to pay for & carry hate speech from "news" orgs. Congress is trying to attach it to the NDAA now.
- Meta hit with ~$275M GDPR penalty for Facebook data-scraping breach
- Google Forks Over $391.5M in Record-Setting US Consumer Privacy Settlement
- SolarWinds agrees to pay $26 Million to settle shareholder lawsuit over data breach
- Aussie fines for massive data breaches to increase to at least $50 million after Optus and Medibank hacks
- ANNOUNCEMENT: THIS IS NOT A LEGAL ADVICE OR SUPPORT GROUP
- Chinese officers charged in plot to obstruct US criminal investigation of Huawei
- Germany fires cybersecurity chief 'over Russia ties'
- Jury finds former Uber security chief guilty of concealing data breach
- Larry Ellison's Oracle Started As a CIA Project and he would not have made his billions without helping to build the tools of our modern surveillance state
- ANNOUNCEMENT: THIS IS NOT A LEGAL ADVICE OR SUPPORT GROUP -- Apparently this needs to be reiterated.
- Dutch Police Arrest Alleged Tornado Cash Dev, More Arrests 'Not Ruled Out': Financial Crimes Unit
- EU Digital Services Act: Industry and government interests prevail over citizens’ digital rights
- UPDATE: CNIL decides EU-US data transfer to Google Analytics illegal
- LastPass risking a €20 million GDPR fine due to unresolved bugs. Of the many grievances listed, some really standout and they all revolve around tactics that make it hard, if not impossible, for a LastPass free user to export their personal data
- DPC sent "take down request" to noyb, after publishing a problematic Draft Decision stripping Facebook users of their rights under GDPR. noyb refused to self-censor and invited the DPC to bring legal proceedings before the relevant Court in Austria
- SEC complaints filed by Facebook whistleblower Frances Haugen
- Why EFF Flew a Plane Over Apple's Headquarters
- If AI is the problem, is debiasing the solution?
- How California’s Broadband Infrastructure Law Promotes Local Choice
- No, Tech Monopolies Don’t Serve National Security
- What’s Up with WhatsApp Encrypted Backups
- The Catalog of Carceral Surveillance: Patents Aren't Products (Yet)
- The Federal Government Just Can’t Get Enough of Your Face
- Texas’ Social Media Law is Not the Solution to Censorship
- Lessons From History: Afghanistan and the Dangerous Afterlives of Identifying Data
- Surveillance Self-Defense Guides Now Available in Burmese
- EFF and Allies Urge Council of Europe to Add Strong Human Rights Safeguards Before Final Adoption of Flawed Cross Border Surveillance Treaty